Core Tech Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join our team.
As a Core Tech Engineer at Certain Affinity you will take guidance from the Lead Core Tech Engineer to implement tools, processes, and feature improvements for the Unreal Engine and any accompanying middleware. You should be a capable programmer who can make things happen, someone with the desire and talent to help build the foundation of our blockbuster games!
- Modify the engine to add and support game features
- Integrate and support 3rd party plugins
- Create external tools and improve upon existing pipelines
- Optimize game engine code as needed
- Help evaluate and improve the development process
- 2+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience/knowledge in C/C++/C#
- Experience developing applications
- Familiar with the core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Development experience in Unreal 4/5 or Unity
- Experience optimizing code
- Experience writing highly efficient algorithms