Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As a Lead Producer at Certain Affinity, you’ll help run one of our game teams. The Lead Producer will guide this team to deliver a high-quality product on time and budget while promoting a collaborative, results-oriented environment. If you have project management and scheduling experience, are eager to make an impact, and are open to new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Overall production ownership of a functional team on a AAA project
- Responsible for delivering a high-quality game on time and within budget
- Manage and mentor a team of producers
- Collaborate with department leads to build a high-functioning team
- Cultivate and manage relationships with creative partners to help ensure an excellent cross-studio environment
- Motivate and maintain creativity and cohesion within that team
- Work with department leads to maintain a strategic, long-term project plan
- Create and foster daily team practices and processes to make sure the long-term plan is on track
- Facilitate communication, ensure timely dissemination of information to senior management, the team, and company overall
- At least five years of project management experience in game development
- Shipped multiple AAA console or PC titles in a Senior Producer or Lead Producer role
- Experience building high functioning, quality-driven teams
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills. Ability to translate creative and technical discussions into readable and understandable summaries without losing significant concepts or details
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask across disciplines, assess risk, define priorities, and independently resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Game development expertise – traditional and agile methodologies, team dynamics, common development hurdles, game engines, development milestones, proven best practices
- Expertise with Google Suite, MS Office, Slack, and Confluence
- Motivated/self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive “can do” attitude
- Works well within a highly collaborative environment
- Love and appreciation of video games across a variety of genres and platforms
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience developing first-person shooter or action-adventure games
- Experience developing blockchain technologies
- Experience working with multiple project management tools including, but not limited to, JIRA, Shotgun, Asana, Gitlab
- College degree in related field preferred such as Computer Science, Computer Graphic Art, or Business Management
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.