Contract IT Systems Support Analyst
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As an IT Systems Support Analyst I Contractor at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for performing desktop support and fulfilling help desk functions, including troubleshooting and resolving user requests. This role reports to the IT Manager and requires a self-motivated individual with the ambition to problem-solve, learn, and create their own mechanisms for resolving issues, communicating effectively, and working in a team environment.
- Abide and adhere to COVID19 safety precautions and policy as set by local authorities and our studios
- Diagnose and repair computer hardware and software incidents
- Receive, unbox, and inventory new hardware
- Apply Windows operating system images to computers
- Assist people coming to and leaving the studio with computers and related peripherals, including loading and unloading items from their vehicle
- Provide support to end-users and escalate complex problems when appropriate
- Route unresolved issues to appropriate team members for further investigation and resolution
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all company hardware and software
- Empower end-users by training and educating them when repairing their workstation
- Two years of directly related experience
- Ability to lift 50lb computers into and out of storage racks
- Experience supporting Windows software and related x86_64 hardware
- Fundamental understanding of computer networking
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to respond to user requests, record changes and work history details
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within a dynamic environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be prepared for occasional work hours at night and on weekends
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Game industry experience
- A+ certification
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in Austin, TX.
The contractor will be responsible for housing costs and relocation if needed.