Senior Online Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
You could be the Engineer we are looking for if you dream in binary and want to work on high-profile projects with some of the best talent in the game dev industry. If your code is as efficient and as adaptable as you then read on. Certain Affinity wants you to be one of our engineers who consider themselves a generalist. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s make some games together that people will be playing for years to come!
- Work with designers to create compelling game systems such as progression, quests, items, and customization
- Turn designs into data-driven client systems backed by microservices
- Identify and plan for security issues or exploits
- Contribute to internal tools for assisting the development
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve difficult problems
- Manage your own time by communicating task estimates and progress with other engineers and disciplines
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- 3+ years of professional online programming experience
- Proficient in C/C++ with experience in at least one of (Go, C#, Lua, Python)
- Experience working on and maintaining live service products
- Comfortable in a large established codebase
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, and results-oriented
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- 1 or more shipped products
- Experience working in the video game industry
- Knowledge of game engine architecture
- Experience with client to microservice architecture and data pipelines
- Experience with protocols, APIs, and tools related to live online products (grpc, gitlab, tcp/udp, etc.)
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.