Human Resources Director
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
We are excited to continue our growth with the addition of a stellar Human Resources Director. We are looking for a dynamic, customer-centric HR leader who will provide valuable service to our staff and leadership aligned with our organization's business objectives. We need a highly collaborative team player who likes to see things to the finish line, is not afraid to ask questions, and truly understands that a strong team and culture are critical to a company's success. In this role, you will partner with the VP of HR, and the HR team will provide human resources leadership and support, including employee engagement and retention, performance management, compensation analysis, employee development, and other critical HR projects.
- Build and maintain trusted, mutually respectful relationships with managers and employees. Act as a trusted advisor and business partner to managers and leaders
- Comfortable with a hands-on approach and the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of a distributed employee base to ensure a high level of employee engagement, wellbeing, and development
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Resolve conflict and creatively resolve issues to mitigate risk through effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Partners with the legal department as needed to manage risk
- Research, develop, and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures to align with the company's goals and competitive practices
- Develop manager and employee training on compensation framework and procedures
- Participate in salary surveys and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position and location
- Design and implement an updated performance review process, including cadence, system, and training for managers and employees
- Facilitate the process of working with the HR team, including advising managers on compensation, career path, and performance rating recommendations
- Direct the needs assessment for training and employee development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance and career growth in achieving the company's goals and objectives
- Develop and implement manager training programs
- Coordinate and facilitate the immigration process
- Develop, and work with the HR team to execute programs to foster the organization's diversity and inclusion goals
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Develop and implement employee engagement programs that support employee retention
- Review policies and practices to maintain compliance in partnership with the HR team
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive HR experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Ability to anticipate problems, exercise excellent judgment under pressure, and proactively solve them
- Strong focus on customer service and cultivating relationships at all levels of the organization
- Maintain absolute confidentiality and care with sensitive information
- Expertise in multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation, employee relations and performance management, employee development, and employment laws
- Familiarity working with a variety of HRIS tools
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.