Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we're also creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
Certain Affinity is looking to hire a Lead Engineer to lead a team of engineers with passion, focus, and drive. This role will balance hands-on programming and managing people. Learn more about the specifics below. If this type of role is what you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
- Lead multiple teams of engineers at a variety of experience levels
- Turn ambiguous technical requirements into well-defined tasks that are delivered on time
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and producers to prioritize, schedule, and assign tasks to the engineering team
- Hire and mentor less experienced engineers, providing feedback and career growth and development opportunities
- Lead by example; 50% hands-on programming, 50% people management
- Facilitate team communication and collaboration
- Help establish and evangelize departmental processes and best practices
- Find efficient and creative solutions in existing codebases
- Be responsible for your team’s network, memory, GPU, and CPU footprint
- Multiple shipped titles
- Experience leading engineering teams of at least 4 people
- At least 10 years’ experience coding in C/C++
- Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, and results-oriented
- Familiarity with the core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Comfortable working in a large established codebase
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Console experience
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.