Senior Project Manager - CARFAX Canada (12-month contract)
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office at 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away. What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits like a wellness spending fund, a company-matched pension program, monthly “work from anywhere” days, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
As the Senior Project Manager you will lead a project team of internal staff and external system integrators to deliver the installation and configuration of a Content Management System as a service. Through effective project management principles, you will manage resources, schedule, budget, and adhere to stage gate protocols, quality and control guidelines within the full business and system integration life cycles. The Project Manager is a proactive problem solver that manages project risks, issues and change requests to ensure project delivery timelines.
- Develop and maintain an end-to-end project plan and associated project documentation (e.g. Project Charter, Gating documents)
- Estimate and procure resources to achieve project goals within the planned timeframe
- Ensure the overall project is aligned to, and directly supports, the achievement of strategic objectives
- Effectively coordinate work between internal and external stakeholders, including third-party vendors
- Manage day-to-day project activities and resources
- Chair project team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables to mitigate impact to baseline
- Act as a trusted advisor and develop relationships with project stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team
- Develop and deliver appropriate, effective, executive-level communication
- Manage and ensure that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Monitor and control an end-to-end risk management process
- Manage vendors towards delivery and contract compliance
- Provide input to the performance reviews for key project members
Education and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in business and IT project management.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as project management professional (PMP).
- Experience successfully delivering projects on-time, on-schedule and within budget.
- Experience working with third-party system integrators and SaaS vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CARFAX Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/careers.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.