Senior Project Manager (CARFAX Canada)
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee, you are a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future-focused mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. As a team member at Carfax, you know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You have a thirst for learning new things and building new skillsets. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun!
As the Senior Project Manager you will lead a project team or multiple project teams simultaneously, focusing on large or complex projects that span across one or more business teams. Through effective project management principles, you will manage resources, schedule, budget, and adhere to stage gate protocols, quality and control guidelines within the full business and system development life cycle. The Project Manager is a proactive problem solver that manages project risks, issues and change requests to ensure project delivery timelines.
- Develop and maintain an end-to-end project plan and associated project documentation (e.g. Project Charter, Gating documents)
- Estimate and procure resources to achieve project goals within the planned timeframe
- Ensure the overall project is aligned to, and directly supports, the achievement of strategic objectives
- Participate in establishing Project Management best practices, templates, policies and tools and help mature these capabilities for CARFAX Canada
- Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Manage day-to-day project activities and resources
- Chair project team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables to mitigate impact to baseline
- Act as a trusted advisor and develop relationships with project stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team
- Develop and deliver appropriate, effective, executive-level communication
- Manage and ensure projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Manage and communicate scope changes when required
- Provide input to the performance reviews for key project members
- 5+ years of experience in business and IT project management.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as project management professional (PMP).
- Experience successfully delivering projects on-time, on-schedule and within budget.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience working within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master, or working towards designation considered an asset.
- University degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or a related field considered an asset.
- Experience delivering projects using SDLC Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall.
- Excellent estimating and forecasting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Confluence, JIRA, Slack.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to implement and support complex enterprise software systems.
- Continuous learner, adept at understanding and applying new technologies.
- Proven leadership, collaboration and motivational skills, including the ability to influence others towards a common goal across multiple business and technology functions.
- Ability to problem solve, be decisive and pivot to respond and react to competing and conflicting priorities.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts.
- Experience coaching and team building.
This position is in-office at CARFAX Canada’s headquarters in London, Ontario at the historical landmark 100 Kellogg Lane. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits, and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and exciting social events. As an added bonus, our 2023 4-day summer work weeks will be here before you know it! This, combined with a generous time-off package, reflects our amazing work-life balance! We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please indicate this in your application.
If you are interested in exploring all our career opportunities, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax.
Thank you for your interest in Carfax Canada!