Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Are you energized by seeing a project come to life through innovative thinking, collaboration and multiple skillsets driving towards achieving a common goal? As a Project Manager you’ll focus on defining, planning and implementing diverse projects within the Technology organization. You are passionate about agile software development and utilizing effective project management best practices and principles to build for growth.
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be enjoying catered lunches with coworkers. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away! What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
As the Project Manager you will lead a project team or multiple project teams simultaneously, focusing on large or complex projects to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business teams. Through effective project management principles, you will manage resources, schedule, budget, and adhere to stage gate protocols quality and SDLC control guidelines within the full business and system development life cycle. The Project Manager is a proactive problem solver that manages project risks, issues and change requests to ensure project delivery timelines.
- Develop and maintain an end-to-end project plan and associated project documentation (e.g. Project Charter, Gating documents)
- Estimate and procure resources to achieve project goals within the planned timeframe
- Ensure the overall project is aligned to, and directly supports, the achievement of strategic objectives
- Participate in establishing Project Management best practices, templates, policies and tools and help mature these capabilities for CARFAX Canada
- Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Manage day-to-day project activities and resources
- Chair project team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables to mitigate impact to baseline
- Act as trusted advisor and develop relationships with project stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team
- Develop and deliver appropriate effective executive level communication
- Manage and ensure projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Manage and communicate scope changes when required
- Provide input to the performance reviews for key project members
- 8 years of experience in project management.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as project management professional (PMP).
- Experience successfully delivering projects on-time, on-schedule and within budget.
Education and Experience Required:
- 8 years of experience working within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master, or working towards designation considered an asset.
- University degree in Information Technology or a related field considered an asset.
- Experience delivering projects using SDLC Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall.
- Excellent estimating and forecasting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Confluence, JIRA, Slack.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to implement and support complex enterprise software systems.
- Continuous learner, adept at understanding and applying new technologies.
- Proven leadership, collaboration and motivational skills, including the ability to influence others towards a common goal across multiple business and technology functions.
- Ability to problem solve, be decisive and pivot to respond and react to competing and conflicting priorities.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts.
- Experience coaching and team building.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn