Talent Acquisition Specialist (12 Month Contract) - CARFAX Canada
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell, and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e., what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your teammates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office at 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away. What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits like a wellness spending fund, a company-matched pension program, monthly “work from anywhere” days, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
CARFAX Canada is excited to share that we are looking to add a Talent Acquisition Specialist to our growing team. This role will be instrumental in assisting the People Team to provide best-in-class, full cycle recruitment services.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist at CARFAX Canada, you will report into the Manager, Human Resources, while working closely with the People Team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will partner with hiring leaders to facilitate recruitment services including sourcing, attracting, pre-screening, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and onboarding.
Are you a resourceful, persistent, problem solver who is adept at sourcing the right talent for the right roles? Do you thrive in a fun, fast paced, and dynamic work environment? Have you have demonstrated success in managing hard to fill roles and are you highly capable in identifying, attracting, and hiring for niche or specific skillsets? If this sounds like you - apply today!
- Lead and coordinate full cycle recruitment activities for all departments across the organization.
- Responsible for internal and external recruitment and selection from creation of job posting through to the selection and hiring of candidates.
- Source candidates through various channels, including job boards, social media, networking, and employee referrals.
- Act as the main point of contact for applicants throughout the recruitment process including providing status updates throughout the hiring process.
- Conduct interviews and role specific assessments to evaluate candidate qualifications.
- Work with hiring leader to facilitate recruitment best practices throughout the hiring process.
- Keep up to date with industry trends to ensure effective talent acquisition strategies.
- Create, implement, and maintain best practices in Talent Acquisition and Retention.
- Develop and maintain recruitment guide as a support tool for hiring managers.
- Provide information and advice to hiring managers on best practices, HR Policies, and relevant employment legislation as it related to recruitment processes.
- Mitigate risk by ensuring all activities are conducted within established hiring regulations and operating practices.
- Responds to ad hoc inquiries from internal clients, external candidates, and HR staff related to recruitment and other related HR information.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in full-cycle recruitment, talent acquisition, and/or human resources.
- Post secondary education in human resources or relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge or exposure to technology, data, or automotive industry is considered an asset.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- Knowledge of employment and related legislation (Human Rights Code, and Employment Standards Act), contractual obligations, and sound human resource practices.
- Experience with immigration/work permit authorization is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
- Proven history with hard to fill roles and high-volume sourcing scenarios.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), LinkedIn Recruiter and other HR software.
- Proficiency in French language would be considered an asset.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CARFAX Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX ‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.