Director, Data Insights and Governance - CARFAX Canada
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office at 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away. What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits like a wellness spending fund, a company-matched pension program, monthly “work from anywhere” days, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
This individual will provide leadership to the Data Insights and Governance team setting the vision and strategic direction for advanced data analytics and machine learning to enable our product strategy and drive business improvement as we develop our data governance maturity. This individual will own and improve the adoption and inclusion of machine learning and Artificial Intelligence in our knowledge arsenal. They will lead the team with a mission to sustain data leadership, conceive our future data model, validate product’s ideas, and maximize ROI for our data investment. This role includes accountability for establishing a plan to evolve CARFAX Canada’s Data Governance maturity including the effective use of data within the company, data accuracy, privacy, security, and compliance with regulations.
- Provide leadership to the data insights team, setting the vision and strategic direction for how data analytics can drive business improvement. This includes developing and implementing data strategies and policies.
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data to provide actionable insights that support decision-making across the organization.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and managing a team of data analysts and scientists, fostering a collaborative environment, and ensuring continuous skill development.
- Own the evolution of CARFAX Canada’s Data Governance maturity including the effective use of data within the company, data accuracy, privacy, security and compliance with regulations.
- Work closely with our Product team, and other departments and stakeholders, to understand their data needs and to communicate the value of data insights in addressing business challenges and opportunities.
- Manage a variety of data-related projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and to the desired quality. This often involves coordinating with different teams and managing resources effectively.
- Ensure that the department complies with data privacy laws and ethical guidelines, and that data management practices are in line with organizational policies and standards.
- Stay informed about the latest trends in data analytics and technology, and implement innovative solutions to enhance data capabilities and drive continuous improvement in data processes and outputs.
Education and Experience Required:
- Proven experience as a data leader with a successful history of leading through influence.
- Experience implementing Data Governance an asset.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the application of advanced analytics in a data company.
- Solid understanding of database technologies, particularly in a Microsoft Azure production environment.
- Strategic in nature with a quick grasp of business drivers.
- Experience working with large volumes of data from disparate sources across complex business processes and functions.
- Experience with Agile Development methodology is an asset.
- Experience working with data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau) and advanced analytical and modeling tools (R, Python, SAS or other statistical software).
- Master’s degree in Advanced Data Analytics is considered an asset
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with team members, internal customers, business leaders and external vendors, strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent program and project management skills.
- Experience mentoring and providing strong leadership to team members along with specific supervisory experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CARFAX Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.