Business Development Manager - Insurance
CARFAX is excited to announce the position of Business Development Manager – Insurance. We are looking for someone with a knack for creating lasting relationships who is excited about developing their career with a young, exciting, innovative company that is revolutionizing the Canadian automotive industry. The successful applicant will love the challenge of building a portfolio of strategic customer relationships and maximizing value through sound execution. The Business Development Manager will be self-motivated and eager to prove their aptitude for success. They will be extremely well-organized with excellent time management skills.
In this position, the Manager will help drive the development of CARFAX’s various business verticals by creating relationships with key personnel from insurance companies, and maximizing their utilization of CARFAX products and services. They will also be skilled at building and maintaining relationships with automotive industry stakeholders and third-parties.
- Develop relationships with strategic partners across various insurance companies
- Identify all insurance related data sources
- Manage initial contact over the phone to develop a sales lead
- Work with existing insurance industry consultants to optimize current relationships and create new opportunities from strategy through execution.
- Achieve data acquisition quotas through the acquisition of new insurance partners
- In addition to face-to-face meetings, engage with customers over the phone and Internet (e.g., chat, email, video conferencing, etc.) to close sales.
- Position the value of CARFAX products and services with various insurance customer stakeholders
- Work with the Marketing team to develop unique value propositions for CARFAX products and services in the insurance industry
- Represent CARFAX at industry events
- Work from home-based office with occasional travel to London, Ontario and regular travel to potential customer locations in Canada
Education and Experience Required
- 10+ years prior sales and/or business development experience preferred, ideally 5+ years of senior sales
- and/or business development experience
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and relationships with senior stakeholders in the automotive insurance industry through exemplary professional conduct
- Ability to communicate in both English and French would be an asset
- A proven background demonstrating your competitive nature and will to win
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills (time management, long sales cycle management experience)
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired. Offers of employment may be conditional upon providing evidence of COVID-19 full vaccination.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.