At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be listening to our employee podcast while eating lunch paid for using an Uber Eats voucher. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of DevOps Engineer, reporting to our Manager of Cloud & DevOps. This role will be part of a dynamic operations team that is excited to promote and adopt a Cloud-native and a DevOps mindset. In this role, you will work closely with engineering/architecture, data management and IT support to ensure our production systems are deployed, managed, and monitored. You will be asked to lead, improve our CI/CD pipelines, manage, assess, and implement structure, process, and monitor database systems. Providing feedback to all teams will be key to your team’s continuous improvement. You will be required to learn, research, pilot and recommend new tools and technologies that can be leveraged to improve the way we work.
- Plan and implement branching strategies for the source code, configure repositories, integrate GitHub with DevOps pipelines, GitHub Codespaces, source control artifacts for human consumption, integrate GitHub with identity management solutions (Azure AD)
- Develop a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) strategy, design and implement logging and telemetry, integrate logging and monitoring solutions, design failure prediction strategies, and implement health checks
- Facilitate communication and collaboration, communicate deployment and release information with business stakeholders, Generate DevOps process documentation, automate communication with team members
- Define and implement continuous integration, design package management, create an application infrastructure management strategy, implement and maintain build strategy, design a process for standardizing builds across organization
- Define and implement a continuous delivery and release management strategy, develop complex deployments (ML, ML Ops, mobile, App Center, DR, multi region, CDN, etc.)
- Assess and configure a log framework, design a log aggregation and storage strategy (e.g. Azure storage), design a log aggregation using Azure Monitor, manage access control to logs (workspace-centric/resource-centric), integrate crash analytics (App Center Crashes, Crashlytics)
Education and Experience Required:
- 8+ years in IT (various roles) Development and/or infrastructure management
- 4+ years of experience working with Azure Cloud and Azure DevOps environments
- University degree in computer related sciences or similar
- Cloud certification, preferably Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator and DevOps Engineer
- Strong background in Azure DevOps services and building pipelines with Azure DevOps, as well as end-to-end CI/CD process, test automation integration
- Extensive experience with container platforms preferably Docker and Kubernetes
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Azure AD, Identity and access management
- Experience with monitoring tools such Applications Insights, Azure Monitor, log analytics, Kusto Query Language, alerting, dashboards, workbooks, KPIs
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) Terraform, Ansible, ARM
- Experience in Azure IaaS and PaaS administration (App services, Functions, Keyvault, Azure SQL, App Insights, Azure VPN, LB, App Gateway, WAF, ACS, AKS, Azure Recovery Services and backup, Azure Automation, Azure policy, RBAC, and other Azure services)
- Master-level scripting and automation abilities (PowerShell, Python, JSON, YAML, ARM Templates, Runbooks, Cloud Shell)
- Working knowledge of databases, especially Azure SQL (Microsoft T-SQL)
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting .NET and C# applications
- Excellent time management, multitasking, sharp attention to detail and communication skills
- Collaborative and innovative problem analysis and problem-solving
- Great team player with the ability to work alone without micro-management
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired. Offers of employment may be conditional upon providing evidence of COVID-19 full vaccination.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.