Manager, Research & Insights
Manager, Research & Insights
Do you like to get under the hood and really understand how things work? The Manager, Research & Insights role is an opportunity to run proprietary research to find out what makes CARFAX Canada customers tick.
You have a knack for turning complex data analysis into actionable insights. Curious by nature, you would rather ask customers directly what they need versus just making assumptions. A whiz with multiple survey platforms and tools, you are constantly innovating and adding new capabilities to the team. You remain objective when presenting results and always represent the voice of the customer first.
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be listening to our employee podcast while eating lunch paid for using an Uber Eats voucher. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
The Manager, Research & Insights will lead the execution and analysis of research to help CARFAX Canada make better business decisions. The manger’s work will focus on both B2B and B2C projects, including understanding our customers and car owners in general, public facing research to support our sales team and Driving Insights program (http://www.carfax.ca/insights), and providing data-driven insights for potential product, sales and marketing programs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to plan and execute research to inform the development of products, sales and marketing programs.
- Conduct research through qualitative and quantitative methods, potentially including interviews, surveys, user testing, experimental design or any method deemed appropriate by the research manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Create and execute surveys to track customer satisfaction, brand awareness and NPS for B2B and B2C customers.
- Communicate research results, insights, and potential opportunities through presentations and dashboards.
- Manage relationships with external vendors to execute research and acquire tools for executing research in-house.
- Lead CARFAX Canada Driving Insights, a thought leadership program which requires: discovering research topics that are relevant to B2B customers, conducting research to provide original insights on these topics, and communicating research results through written articles as well as through presentations to external audiences via webinar or live conferences.
- Ad-hoc analysis of existing data sets.
Education and Experience Required:
- Researcher with 5+ years of experience.
- Experienced in executing end to end research projects, from determining research needs and opportunities through execution, analysis, reporting and next steps.
- Strong presentation skills, able to communicate research results with internal and external audiences, including conferences with a live audience.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
- Able to determine appropriate research and analysis approaches for a variety of problems.
- Experience providing research results in various formats, including written articles, PowerPoint and dashboards (e.g. PowerBI).
- A self-starter able to set goals, then collaborate with relevant stakeholders to determine execution and deliver results.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for conducting research, analyzing data, and turning results into recommendations.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.