Scrum Master (12 Month contract) - CARFAX Canada
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office at 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away. What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits like a wellness spending fund, a company-matched pension program, monthly “work from anywhere” days, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of Scrum Master. In this role you will work on-site from our London, ON office and report to our Manager, Project Delivery. The Scrum Master role is that of a coach and facilitator. You have a proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, and deliver tough messages with grace. You are an experienced delivery practitioner who embodies leadership, change management and are committed to software delivery excellence.
- Collaborate closely with the Project Manager in a hybrid Waterfall-Agile environment, including supporting the flow of information between the Scrum team and Project team.
- Coaches, mentors, and teaches Scrum Methodology to Scrum Teams throughout the build phase of a project, supporting self-management and cross-functionality
- Facilitate the scrum ceremonies, ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and kept within the timebox
- Maintain the Scrum Artifacts and Scrum Commitments
- Helping the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done
- Remove impediments, facilitate conflict resolution, problem solving, and the development of new solutions and approaches to ongoing challenges
- Practice the effective use of Scrum tools and supporting technical tools (Jira, Mural, etc.)
- Continuously seek to improve team performance by promoting Scrum Theory and practice
- Facilitate problem solving sessions as part of the wider Project Management Office that leads to identifying, clarifying issues with clearly outlined next steps and key owners for the steps
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work
- Continue professional development to keep up with emerging technologies, methods and best practices
Education and Experience Required
- Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master, or working towards this designation
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience in a related field
- Knowledge of SDLC Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- 4+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse personality types
- Expert understanding of Confluence and JIRA, including best practices and techniques
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts such as Definition of Done, User Stories, Backlog Refinement
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Strong leadership, collaboration and motivational skills, including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology functions
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Experience coaching and team-building
Equal Opportunity Employer
CARFAX Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.