Director, Finance - CARFAX Canada
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office at 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away. What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits like a wellness spending fund, a company-matched pension program, monthly “work from anywhere” days, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of Director of Finance. In this role you will work on-site from our London, ON office and report to the VP of Finance and Strategy.
As the Director of Finance, you will play a crucial role in helping CARFAX Canada achieve its financial goals and support continued growth. In this position you will balance financial risk and opportunity, provide accurate and transparent financial information, and contribute to the strategic direction of the company. You will also ensure responsible financial management as well as compliance with internal and external stakeholder regulations.
The Director of Finance will be instrumental in driving positive change within the organization, going beyond traditional financial management to address the challenges and opportunities associated with organizational transformation and growth. You will be directly involved in driving financial and operational improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements within deadlines and in accordance with corporate accounting standards.
- Report on monthly variances and key drivers while proactively identifying areas of opportunity.
- Manage internal control environment and ensure accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Assess and manage financial risks, including those related to economic downturns and unforeseen events. Develop recommendations and strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Collaborate with business leaders to improve current financial processes and drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive best practices on all accounting matters including financial systems, month end close, analysis, and reporting.
- Promote a culture of financial responsibility, transparency, and accountability throughout the organization and uphold the highest ethical standards in financial management and reporting, ensuring transparency and integrity in all financial transactions.
- Lead and support the development of multiyear operating plans.
- Contribute to the development and analysis of monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Manage SR& ED (research and development program) and coordinate with key stakeholders to maximize recovery.
- Ensure on-time completion of all regulatory compliance reporting as required as well as coordinating internal and external audits as needed.
- Interpret and apply accounting policies.
- Manage, supervise, train and coach team members aiming to increase performance, engagement and productivity.
- Ensure all accounting processes are documented and critical responsibilities are cross-trained.
- Model CARFAX Canada’s core values.
- Create and execute development plans for team members.
- Develop and deliver on annual game plan.
- Build trusting relationships with directs, peers, and other leaders.
Education and Experience Required:
- 7+ years relevant experience in similar role.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Excellent leadership skills (team building, coach and mentor, influencing skills).
- Strong technical skills, attention to detail, and track record improving team processes.
- Dedication to continuous improvement and ability to implement plans that propel the business forward.
- Robust data fluency, presentation skills and ability to translate insights into clear action plans.
- Expert knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate very high level of ethics and personal integrity.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Knowledge of Great Plains computer systems is an asset.