Office Support Specialist
Office Support Specialist
Are you a professional, friendly, organized person who seeks to provide outstanding front-of-the-house support? Are you a go-getter who knows how to get things done? If so, consider applying for the role of Office Support Specialist at CARFAX Canada.
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in- house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be listening to our employee podcast while eating lunch paid for using an Uber Eats voucher. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list?
Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
Responsible for the day-to-day administration and coordination of the CARFAX Canada office, the Office Support Specialist creates a positive and seamless employee and guest experience. This role acts as office receptionist while also providing general administrative and calendar support to the CARFAX Canada executive team, and overall office support for the organization. This position is required to work in the London office Monday – Friday, except during 4-day work weeks or when otherwise discussed.
- Guest services/front door reception at the CARFAX office: Welcome, triage, and log guests, manage incoming and outgoing vendors.
- Day to day office support: Office opening and closing duties, monitors and triages Workplace Helpdesk tickets, complete general and ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Ensure adequate supplies of office stationery, general office equipment, and orders specialty items as
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, courier services and other
- Administer and oversee the compliance of office policies and
- Keeps office kitchen area tidy: Unloading dishwasher each morning, cleaning and stocking coffee machines, setting up/cleaning up after office lunches.
- Coordinate weekly office lunches and support other office events and initiatives as
- Assist in the management of building security, including activating/terminating access passes, assigning Condeco permissions, and other requirements.
- Maintain relationships with vendor and supply partners: Janitorial services, courier services, catering services, coffee vendors, and ensures quality of service and performance.
- Administrative support to the CARFAX Canada executive team: Calendar management, coordinate travel accommodations, and general administrative support as needed.
- Other related duties as
Education and Experience Required:
- 2+ years administrative/office coordination experience is required
- Education in business, office management, or business administration preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of MS Office, with knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Exceptionally high standard of professionalism, confidentiality, strong interpersonal skills, and discretion is required
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experienced and highly proficient organizational and strategic time management
- Exceptional team player
- Service oriented
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative, strong judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently while supporting a collaborative team environment
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.