Database Administrator (CARFAX Canada, Non-Remote)
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee, you are a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future focused mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. As a team member at Carfax, you know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You have a thirst for learning new things and building new skillsets. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun! Come and join us!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of Database Administrator (DBA). In this role you will work on-site from our London, ON office and report to our Manager, Database Operations. The DBA will be part of a dynamic operations team that is excited to promote and adopt a DevOPS mindset. In this role, you will work closely with engineering/architecture, data management and support to ensure our production systems are deployed, managed, and monitored to the best of our ability. You will be asked to lead, manage, assess, and implement structure, process and monitoring of our database systems. Providing feedback to all teams will be key to your team’s continuous improvement. You will be required to learn, research, pilot and recommend new tools and technologies that can be leveraged to improve the way we work.
- Administer CARFAX Canada database infrastructure in the Azure public cloud (Virtual Machines, SQL Server, Azure SQL)
- Help the company extract value from its data by creating and managing ETL jobs
- Advise on, and implement best practices for monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Liaise with development teams, providing insights on best practices
- Create/implement database change deployment automation tools
- Provide optimization recommendations to stakeholders
- Provision new services in Azure public cloud
- Maintain compliance with our backup policies/strategies and help refine disaster recovery plans
- Support and manage both production and non-production environments
- Maintain database security to meet the needs of the business, without blocking progress
- Tier 3 support for database/system issues
- Experience with CI/CD preferred
- Experience managing MS SQL database servers used by .Net applications
- Proficiency with Azure SQL Services
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
Education and Experience Required
- 4+ years of experience as a database administrator or engineer
- Diploma in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or related field
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario at the historical landmark 100 Kellogg Lane. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits, and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives, social events, and a generous time off package that reflects our amazing work-life balance!
We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please indicate this in your application.
If you are interested in exploring all our career opportunities, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in CARFAX Canada!