Senior IT Systems Engineer - System Administrator - Google Workspace/macOS Windows
Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide – 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients.
Recently named a leader in The Forrester Wave™, we build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, Brandwatch is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world. Brandwatch is part of Cision Ltd—a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals.
Our goal is to remain the innovative leader in digital consumer intelligence. We need people to join the Product team who can develop new ideas, deliver outcomes, and help define go-to-market positioning.
Brandwatch is a predominantly Apple Mac environment, with a small but not insignificant number of Windows users. We use Google for file storage, email and calendaring. We have a growing user base of just over 1000 staff.
In the IT Team we see the needs of the end user as paramount and we pride ourselves on the energy, enthusiasm and approachability that ensures that they get the best support possible.
Based in the UK, you will be working closely with the IT Team in the EU, USA, and across the globe.
We are looking for a System Administrator who has experience administrating one or more of the following; Google Workspace and GAM, macOS devices using ABM and an MDM, and Windows MEM and powershell. An ideal candidate would have experience in more than one of these fields. In addition we would expect somebody with good scripting skills to help integrate the systems used by the IT team and across the company. You would be working closely with our other System Administrators and so cross platform administration skills and experience would be greatly advantageous.
You will be designing and implementing technological solutions to meet staff needs across the company setting up new services and systems. As well planning and managing IT related projects you will be responsible for overseeing and participating in the day-to-day support for the IT operations globally.
We are looking for:
- Experience working in an business or education IT support role
- In depth knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Managing the Google Workspace as well as the ability to work with GAM for management and reporting purposes.
- Managing macOS devices with Apple Business Manager and an MDM
- Managing Windows machines using Azure/InTune and MEM.
- Powershell scripting abilities
- Hands on scripting and system integration experience with bash, Python, Ruby and Powershell
- Understanding of information security management and security compliance (preferably to industry standards on ISO27001)
- Network fundamentals
- Technical support and customer service experience in general
You might have:
- Knowledge of one or more of:
- Apple deployment mechanisms
- Deploying systems in AWS,
- MicroSoft Endpoint Management
- Knowledge of ITIL or similar methodologies
- Knowledge of Personal Data regulationExcellent problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
As team grows your role would include managing, supporting and mentoring junior IT staff as they progress through their career. In addition to developing management and leadership skills, there will be opportunities to develop your technical skills in the full range of enterprise technologies and services that Brandwatch provides.
At Brandwatch, we offer flexible and remote working, a competitive benefits package, an extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program, and community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.
Working at Brandwatch: Our values are about being authentic, bold, and creative. And we believe these values are best embodied by enabling people to do their best work in an environment that works for them. Whether fully remote, within one of our global offices, or a combination of the two, we have the tools and resources to make working to these values both possible and enjoyable.