VP User Research
We’re looking for a highly skilled research leader with a proven track record of using data and evidence to direct design and product decisions. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of our research vision and will manage a growing team of 8, so excellent strategic and people management experience is a must.
You will be leading a growing team of 8 experienced researchers with a diverse gender, cultural and professional background. The team has Research managers in place already so not all ICs will report to you directly.
The overall responsibility of the role is to deliver on our goal of “informing every design decision through research & insights” while ensuring the team is happy, thriving and developing. This is research at scale and as you’d expect covers a broad mix of quant and qual methods. The team currently utilizes a hybrid model combining embedded Researchers with an agency/service model approach. We further utilize ResearchOps and develop educational materials to allow Designers and PMs to do basic research on their own.
We have an ambitious vision of becoming design leaders within our industry and Research plays a key part in both defining the quality of the UX and measuring our success. While this starts in R&D it naturally connects to our brand team, CX and our Company Strategy as we believe the entire experience to be the product. It’s your opportunity to have a large impact on the people side, the product experience and the entire company.
- Lead the User Research team and deliver on our goal of informing every design decision through research & insights
- Lead and mature Research at scale in R&D and the wider org.
- Further develop the team structure and collaboration model: embedded, agency or hybrid
- Manage both senior ICs and Research managers
- Work closely with your Design, Product and Engineering peers
- Represent Research in Product Leadership
- Potential for some hands-on research work, if desired, but not expected
- You have previous experience heading up Research in a SaaS company and know how to manage upwards, sideways and downwards
- You are a great people manager and always put people first
- You are experienced with change management
- You can draw from direct experience of various (and mixed) methodologies to best effect
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design
- You are a great collaborator and communicator also outside of your own domain