Senior Software Engineer
Blue Nile is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position presents an outstanding opportunity to design and build web systems that are fast, secure, scalable, and stable for a successful and growing company. The successful candidate understands how to analyze complex problems, implement robust and maintainable solutions, integrate new technologies into an existing stack, and delight customers (internal and external). Excellent communication skills, a desire to work as part of a tightly integrated team, and strong Java experience required. Experience developing with Spring (Boot, MVC, and Security), GCP, AWS, Solr, Oracle PL/SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Mongo, Nginx, and Ansible are also desired.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
- Provide technical leadership for design and implementation of new features and next generation software systems
- Develop and deliver maintainable, scalable, stable, reliable, high-quality systems on time, and on budget.
- Perform code and test plan reviews. Take responsibility for the quality of released software.
- Learn quickly and apply new knowledge to solutions
- Mentor other developers
- Five or more years of professional software development
- Strong Java development background
- Proven track record of delivering high quality features to production
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS
- Experience with cloud development, machine learning, test-driven development, or Solr
- Experience with Spring (MVC, Boot, and Security)
- Experience with a cloud platform (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Experience in container ecosystems such as Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps tools, such as git, Ansible, Chef, Bamboo, Jenkins, or similar
- Experience with Groovy and Spock
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development processes
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount