Customer Care Specialist
Blue Nile was created in 1999 by a man in love. He wanted to propose to his significant other and had the nervous excitement we all feel for that person who is just … right. But that excitement was met with frustration because of an outdated method for engagement ring shopping that only offered confusing information, limited choice, and commissioned salespeople. He knew there had to be a better way and founded Blue Nile based on a simple idea: Diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry should be fun, easy, and understandable. After all, they are meant for celebrating love.
This was a radical idea in the industry. That’s how we knew it was right. More than 500,000 couples have said “yes” to a better way to buy diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry gifts. And if you want to be part of a company that’s always blazed its own trail, we want to talk.
Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
Our Customer Care Specialist are professional, accessible, enthusiastic, and interested in a career that creates a “Jeweler for Life” relationship with Blue Nile Customers.
- Demonstrate exceptional Customer Service and educate customer on products
- Communicate the Blue Nile Difference, instilling trust and confidence in our brand
- Prioritize customer calls, customer email, live chat and other customer interactions
- Proactively follow up on all work requests within Blue Nile’s service level standards
- Effectively resolve complex customer service challenges, finding solutions which exceed customer expectations
- Understand department goals and meet defined metrics
- Proactively read and take action on daily operations updates as needed
- Communicate accurate information and set clear expectations for customers, ensuring an on-brand Blue Nile experience
- Maneuver effectively and efficiently through all computer systems
- Continuously maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Previous customer and/or call center experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fluency in other languages is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Communication or Marketing preferred
- Excellent organization & attention to details skills
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer, typing/keyboarding and data entry skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to scheduling needs, particularly during retail peak seasons
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus