Principal Solutions Architect
Blue Nile is seeking a Principal Solutions Architect to be a leader in our engineering team and drive the evolution of our platform to increase agility and enable the future needs of the business. We need a leader who is passionate about merging the strategic vision of the business with goal of modernizing our technology stack. This person will work closely with other technology, product and strategy leaders to identify business needs, craft solutions, lead proof of concepts, drive solutions into production and evolve policies and standards. Our ideal candidate can quickly grasp the complexities of our business and interpret opportunities from a variety of stakeholder angles. Your work will have executive level visibility and directly impact our bottom line.
Blue Nile seeks candidates who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment and demonstrate a record of achievement. The successful candidate will have strong problem solving & excellent communication skills, enthusiasm for learning new technologies, and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. Come make your mark at a small company where you have the opportunity to make a difference.
- Drive the collaboration, design, development and execution of Blue Nile’s long-range technology architecture roadmaps across all IT disciplines, anticipating future business needs and maximizing long-term technology investment.
- Partner with leaders across Technology to establish and maintain standards and solutions which align to strategic goals and provide clear principles for enterprise product delivery
- Lead efforts to provide architecture design principles for teams to align to when modernizing systems and/or transforming from on-premise to cloud environments.
- Keep up to date with modern architectural solutions in the industry to identify opportunities for adapting the teams’ solution architecture. Drive discussion to identify opportunities for greater long-term business value.
- Engage stakeholders on discovery and assessment of third-party solutions and ability to integrate in Blue Nile’s Technology stack.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and technical expertise to technical teams across multiple disciplines and projects. Effectively articulate the value of architecture and technology in the context of a retail driven, customer focused company.
- 7+ years of experience providing technical leadership and development of production code
- Strong analysis, design, development, and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills; you will be working with a variety of business & technology leaders throughout the company
- Proven track record of implementing transformational architectures.
- Experience migrating monolithic architectures to modern, flexible microservice frameworks
- Understanding and interest in architectural patterns for highly available, scalable, low-latency, asynchronous, secure systems
- Experience with cloud computing concepts, past work in GCP or AWS a plus
- Experience with e-commerce finance and transactional systems, Oracle EBS a plus
- Experience or certification with TOGAF or MODAF preferred.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus