Director, Paid Social & Display
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is looking for a rock star marketing leader to lead our Paid Social and Display team. In this role, you would be responsible for defining the strategy, building the team and driving the execution of our Paid Social & Display channels. This role is a perfect fit for an individual who has the passion and curiosity for going granular and reviewing channel level campaign performance while having the ability to look holistically across channels and drive a cohesive message to our customer. Success in this role will mean delivering on revenue growth goals while maintaining efficiency for the Paid Social and Display channels, and acting as a great coach and leader for their team. They will also partner effectively with merch, analytics, brand and engineering to drive the success of the business. This is a key role for the company. You have the opportunity to make a big difference and be recognized for it.
What you will do:
- Lead the end-to-end development and implementation of our Paid Social and Display strategy that improves channel ROI while elevating our Brand presence
- Own the results of the Paid Social and Display channels, including marketing budget, revenue and contribution profit. Establish the critical inputs that you will improve to meet your goals and build the operational muscle to deliver.
- Develop and manage a high performing team of performance marketers.
- Develop and execute creative messaging strategy across all ad types and across the funnel: Image, Video, etc.
- Stay on top of industry changes, algorithm updates and their impacts to our customers
- Drive improvement in day to day marketing automation/operations
- Improve our ROI via optimization and improved incrementality of our marketing spend
- Develop, maintain and grow strong relationships with relevant partners (internal and external) through knowledge sharing, campaign strategy, reporting, and always-on performance management
- 8+ years of performance marketing experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility; a track record of successfully leading and driving business decisions with data & analysis required.
- Proficient in Paid Social and Display platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube, Criteo, etc.
- Proven ability to hire, develop and retain high performing talent.
- Growth mindset: you build a roadmap of impactful ideas and are resourceful in making it happen
- You are a strong operator who is looked to for your expertise in achieving results
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication; able to formulate and articulate strategic goals
- Experience with Test and Learn approach to drive channel performance
- A tendency to listen more and talk less. A preference for teamwork and collaboration over individual achievement
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering)