Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
This role presents an outstanding opportunity to work hands-on with our product and learn about the quality control process of a successful and growing online retailer. Generous benefits and relocation assistance available.
- Inspect incoming jewelry receipts, loose diamonds and customized build-your-own product against company quality assurance standards
- Work close with the QA leadership and our Merchandise Team to review and process customer orders and receipts quickly and efficiently
- Ensure all products meet Blue Nile’s industry leading quality standards
- Perform light appraisal work
- Reconcile and accept product into inventory system
- Inspect and problem-solve customer returns and defective product
- Communicate findings to quality manager, vendor, buying team and diamond and jewelry consultants as appropriate
- Contribute to Blue Nile’s industry leading accuracy and on-time shipping performance
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- GIA Graduate Diamond Diploma required
- GIA Graduate Gemologist Diploma preferred
- Quality control experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Results oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to use magnifying devices such as microscopes, etc.
- Must be able to work seasonal mandatory overtime including early start times, holidays, weekends, etc.
- Must be US Citizen
- This job is performed on-site in Seattle, WA
What we offer: Blue Nile contributes 100% of the employee premiums for Medical/Vision, Dental and a significant portion of premiums for your dependents. Relocation assistance provided.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus