Blue Nile was created in 1999 by a man in love. He wanted to propose to his significant other and had the nervous excitement we all feel for that person who is just … right. But that excitement was met with frustration because of an outdated method for engagement ring shopping that only offered confusing information, limited choice, and commissioned salespeople. He knew there had to be a better way and founded Blue Nile based on a simple idea: Diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry should be fun, easy, and understandable. After all, they are meant for celebrating love.
This was a radical idea in the industry. That’s how we knew it was right. More than 500,000 couples have said “yes” to a better way to buy diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry gifts. And if you want to be part of a company that’s always blazed its own trail, we want to talk.
Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
Diamond Expert is an individual who embraces knowledge, education and service as their core. A Diamond Expert at Blue Nile is a person who is outgoing, authentic and thrives in an environment where we place the customer’s needs first. Our goal is to remain the premier online fine jewelry retailer by becoming our customers’ “Jeweler for Life.”
This is a remote, work-from-home position reporting to our Kent, WA Customer Service Center.
- Answer incoming Diamond and Jewelry inquiries from customers (via phone calls, emails and live chat) to help them with:
- Selecting diamonds for setting in Blue Nile Build-Your-Own and Engagement jewelry
- Assisting with questions about Blue Nile jewelry products, services and policies
- Processing orders for exchanges, returns, repairs, resizing, cleaning/maintenance
- Resolving outstanding service issues; following up on orders in process
- Proactively follow up on all work requests within Blue Nile’s service level standards
- Effectively resolve complex problems, finding solutions that delight customers
- Understand department goals and meet defined metrics
- Work cooperatively with cross-functional operations partners to deliver on our service promise
- Provide accurate information and set clear expectations, ensuring a positive customer experience
- Maneuver effectively and rapidly through multiple computer systems
- Maintain a record of exemplary attendance, punctuality and job focus.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Previous retail sales experience, preferably in a luxury environment (luxury fashion department store, high end travel, etc.), customer service and/or call center experience
- An avid and proficient online shopper
- Demonstrated exceptional Customer Service aptitude and skills
- Complete focus on customer satisfaction is the foundation of your work
- An understanding of—and aptitude toward—providing ‘white glove’ service
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization & attention to details skills
- Ability to work within deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Rapid task-switching is frequently required
- Ability to work well with other teams and departments to make our customers happy.
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to scheduling needs, particularly during retail peak seasons
- We are open 7-days a week from 5AM to 8PM Pacific Time, later depending on business needs.
- Fluency in other languages (Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese) is a plus
- NOTE: You must have your own suitable, dedicated work-from-home space with a high-speed terrestrial broadband internet connection with reliable service to perform this job to expectations.
What we offer:
A Company-issued laptop, displays, computer peripherals, headset and other necessary equipment.
Blue Nile contributes 100% of the employee premiums for Medical/Vision, Dental and a significant portion of premiums for your dependents.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus