Photo Studio Manager
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
The purpose of this role is to work as a leader within the Global Creative Team to deliver a world-class photography studio and production facility for the Blue Nile brand experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Photoshoot support, image coordination, management and production. Management of Global Imagery production and organization as well as related staff. Responsible for photo team management, including on-set still-life styling and for 360º techs.
In your role as Photo Studio Manager, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of: facilitating photography production in-studio as well as for outside shoots. Liasing with Art Producers and Tech resources to deliver to the needs of the business. On-Set styling and product organization as part of photo shoot planning. Ownership of the Blue Nile master production Calendar and related shoots. Additional responsibilities include inspiration and management of a team of Photographers, and Digital Production Artists as well as related contract assistance when needed.
As the Photo Studio Manager, your prevue will include areas of high-level and tactical project management, organization, project planning and execution. You will be responsible for global photographic and video inventory and organization, development of organizational systems and production workflow.
Key relationships with Creative Director, Sr. Manager Photo/Design, Art Directors, Photo Technicians, BN Tech Teams as well as Merchant Groups will be critical for success in this role, as well as the following
What you will you do:
- Possessing a high level of detail and acumen/highly organized
- Facilitate the photographic creative vision from beginning concepts to end results through the resources provided.
- Prepare work by gathering information and materials.
- Manage and Sustain the global production calendar according to business needs
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teams that include engineers, product managers.
- Research and report on latest programs, standards, and evolutions in photo and video file management (Such as Adobe DAM and meta-data inclusion with files)
- Inspire and guide a design team dedicated to the brand’s development
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the photography and styling industry with specific experience in still-life/table top
- Proven demonstration of bringing organizational workflow to life, and driving constant improvement
- Proficiency with SmartSheet, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined solutions efficiently
What we offer:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Referral Bonus