At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is seeking a passionate, experienced Sourcing Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing global sourcing strategy and effectively managing and fortifying profitable supplier relationships and negotiating advantageous terms to lower costs and reduced lead time while improving quality
The successful candidate will be a product-savvy, jewelry or fashion industry professional who has extensive experience building supplier relationships while improving both product quality and cost.
- Collaborate, cross-functionally, to ensure clarity of specifications and business requirements for sourcing existing and new product;
- Maintain detailed product cost sheets that will support activity based costing; assess current and future market trends
- Negotiate program pricing and delivery and take a forward thinking approach to pricing, offering cost competitive alternatives
- Identify suppliers capabilities to support and react to ongoing market needs
- Direct and facilitate vendor negotiations. Conduct pre/post seasonal analysis and present to the Global sourcing and Merchandising teams key performance metrics
- Understand and develop global lead-times and use this knowledge to challenge vendors, working to reduce lead times when possible
- Develop new suppliers that will support future growth plans, on-time delivery and quality goals
- Work cross functionally with external vendors and internal payables teams to ensure timely accurate invoice submissions
- Be the subject matter authority on sourcing best practices, guiding stakeholders to source the best total cost product
- Drive strategic BOM (bill of material) reviews with internal teams- Develop roadmap pricing to components
- Coordinate with merchandise buying teams to determine needs- provide GAP analysis of needs versus deliverables
- Manage the end to end vendor relationship
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, purchasing, logistics, supply chain management, or related field
- 5 years of progressive work experience as a buyer or procurement agent
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement best practice, as well as dexterity in reading the fine jewelry market
- Robust analytical skills, ability to evaluate based on price, quality and speed of delivery
- Sharp negotiation skills
- Solid decision-making skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; project management experience desired
- Proven time management and prioritization skills
- Highly self-motivated with ability to carry out directives in a fast-paced, multiple-priority environment
- Demonstrated team player and a dynamic cross-functional collaborator
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Eagerness to embrace change within a fast-paced environment
- At times, may require travel