Trade Compliance Analyst (Ireland)
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is looking for a highly motivated Trade Compliance Analyst who will assist with the continuous improvement of the company’s various compliance initiatives in areas such overseeing all import and export compliance procedures relative to supply chains, make certain that product flow meets global trade compliance regulations and that all documentation is correct and in order and may also train local employees involved in trade compliance.
- Audit and Process Customs Broker Invoices
- Manage & RetainTrade Records
- Proactively monitor all daily activities with customs brokers
- Work with freight forwarders to escalate clearance issues with customs brokers
- Monitor customs brokers performance against clearly defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Assist the legal and trade team in administering an effective trade compliance program to ensure company compliance with regulatory and internal and policy requirements
- Participate in a variety of projects supporting the broader Trade Compliance team's goals and objectives.
- Prepare import and export reports to derive import and export analytics
- Maintain and update compliance information on the website and product catalog as needed
- Assist with a variety of audits and assessments including import/export audits
- Support internal compliance training programs
- Act as the Ireland and EU subject matter expert (SME)
- Help maintain the company’s HTS classification database and COO database
- Stay informed of Ireland and EU trade and compliance requirements
- Manage Duty reporting and clawback programs
- 1-3 Years Trade Compliance and International Transportation
- Significant experience in manufacturing, supply chain, traffic, logistics, business, and trade highly desired.
- Practical working knowledge of customs entry process and international transportation.
- Strong Proficiency in MS Office applications, with heavy experience in Excel.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently on multiple tasks to meet deadlines, prioritize, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Displays ownership and accepts accountability for work completion and quality.
- Detailed and task-oriented self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers.
- Curious-minded, eager to learn and able to adapt quickly to shifts in tasks and priorities