Operations Back of House Assistant Manager - Houston Galleria
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. At Blue Nile, we celebrate all stories of love - from engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business. is looking for a passionate and talented Operations Back of House Assistant Manager
who will help lead a team of Personal Jewelers at our Retail Showroom in the Houston, TX. The ideal candidate understands our white glove culture and has a passion to educate customers about jewelry purchases. The Operations Back of House Assistant Manager supports the team by being a resource regarding Blue Nile products, practices, selling techniques, and policies and procedures. Ideal candidates will possess sales experience with the ability to empower, motivate and inspire each team member to provide world class customer service and maximize sales. An Operations Back of House Assistant Manager at Blue Nile is outgoing, passionate, helps others, and driven for results.
- Demonstrate industry leading service behaviors to build strong customer loyalty and relationship to Blue Nile in support of our initiative to become their jeweler for life
- Self-motivated and able to lead others.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and committed to giving ongoing coaching and redirection to maintain adherence to expectations.
- Takes lead on customer escalations. Finds ways to resolve, and partner with Manager and omni channel on difficult situations.
- Ability to follow company directions and adapt to new initiatives.
- Team player and committed to maintaining our professional and friendly environment with team members and clients.
- Oversees inventory management, which duties include:
- Accurately record daily counts
- Assist SM with physical inventory process
- Work with Fulfillment Center on inventory movement transfers and receiving
- Audit monthly receiving logs of incoming packages
- Special process expert- Takes lead on special orders, upgrades and break ups
- Aware of current trends in jewelry and the competition.
- Maintains store planogram standards and protects the brand.
Qualifications of an Operations Back of House Assistant Manager
- 3+ years of customer service/sales background.
- Jewelry experience is not required, but preferred.
- Prior management experience in Retail desired, but not required.
- Proven track record of increasing personal sales volume.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Embraces technology and implement new systems seamlessly.
- Ambitious and aspires to become a Showroom Manager.
- Strong sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Ability to make decision quickly and accurately.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Effective time management.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for training and learning and executing against timelines and goals.
- Have demonstrated the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships with tangible metrics.
What we offer:
Blue Nile contributes 100% of the employee premiums for Medical/Vision, Dental and a significant portion of premiums for your dependents.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus