Facilities & EHS Manager
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Facilities Manager who will be a key contributor supporting the needs of dynamic team so they can execute at a higher level and exceed our customer’s expectations.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and financial performance of the Fulfillment center building and grounds, managing and assisting in performing light facility maintenance, lighting, electrical, HVAC and mechanical maintenance. They will also be responsible for maintaining all aspects of Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and about the building and in creating a culture of safety. Solid knowledge of local and state building code and the importance of code compliance is required. The Facilities Manager will maintain and monitor contracts with outside vendors.
What you will do:
- High level knowledge and mechanical ability to perform light maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment required including but not limited to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Applied knowledge of trade work to include hazardous chemicals, waste, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc. and the ability to instruct, manage, supervise outside service providers on tasks requiring higher level expertise.
- Oversee the cost valuations process for project and manage capital cost budget, negotiate and administer facility services, equipment, and vendor service contracts as appropriate.
- Further develop and maintain facility’s task and project ticketing system
- Conduct hazard assessments, inspections, and evaluations of all aspects of the facility - from critical life safety and mechanical systems to details of cleanliness.
- Maintain Fulfillment center MSDS manuals. Train employees in MSDS procedures.
- Understand safe operation of equipment, tools and application of PPEs, maintenance to eliminate hazardous conditions
- Ensures there are no unsafe conditions in the facility and respond to building emergencies.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience working with HVAC, carpentry and/or electrical experience with at least 2 years commensurate with Journey level experience.
- Must have 5 plus years experience in a Production, Manufacturing or Distribution setting.
- Minimum of 5 years of facilities experience, with training in multiple building trades.
- Microsoft Office Skills required, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to lift and/or move 25+ pounds.
- Ability to communicate in English (verbal and written).
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries