We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for an Operations Manager is to manage the flow of a workplace and optimize day-to-day activities. The role involves tasks like analyzing business operations, showroom systems, and execute effective training and comprehension for showroom employees.
- Support development of training strategy and execution to ensure an impactful delivery in field
- Partner with Operations Director and Learning and Development Manager on store training as it relates to systems and processes.
- Support creation of SOPs and training documentation to ensure alignment with systems and field requirements
- Serve as a resource to the field. Monitor any critical issues and frequently asked questions to build into strategy. Track and report effectiveness of changes that are implemented.
- Support as needed with new store opening, onsite training and virtual training
- Knowledge working with software and hardware, including store systems + technology (JOEI, FRESHDESK/FRESHSALES) in order to successfully partner with IT departments and field managers
- Trouble shoot and respond to showroom support needs in partnership with IT department
- Test and Implement new retail systems
- Team leadership – This position will have direct reports at the supervisor level
- Process enhancements and implement policies and procedures for the Store Operations department, so some familiarity with assessing and improving processes is vital
- Strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization
- This role also requires excellent problem-solving skills, especially when it comes to directly addressing user issues with software, hardware and Store Systems
- Oversee select department budgets and capital expenditures, so they need strong financial management and budgeting skills
- At least 4-5 years of experience in Retail Operations
- Experience with retail systems testing and new system implementation.
- High degree of comfort with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,)
- Ability to partner and influence other departments and leaders
- Strong communications skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Detailed oriented with strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to travel 10 to 15 weeks per year (25% to 40%) depending upon New Store Opening schedules