Blue Nile is a successful and growing company, started in 1999 and now the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is seeking a passionate and talented Merchandise Planner who will drive the company’s efforts to maximize sales and margin through optimized inventory management. As a key member of the Planning team, the Merchandise Planner is the primary resource for analytical support.
The goal is to partner with our pricing and merchandising organizations to forecast sales, margin and inventory to enhance our selection, and our pricing process. The ideal candidate will have experience applying advanced analytical methods to produce high-impact business results.
- Manage inventory, open-to-buy, inventory health and item-level forecasting
- Work closely with merchants to support assortment planning process
- Forecast sales and recommend purchases and inventory balancing solutions by item to drive profitable sales growth and inventory turn
- Create business insight and actionable recommendations through quantitative and qualitative research; turn data into information that drives business results
- Continually improve forecasting model and replenishment strategy to optimize profitability and inventory
- Partner with Pricing Analyst to recommend and manage pricing strategies and changes to deliver on Blue Nile’s financial objectives and results
- Understand competitive dynamics in an actionable way including pricing, selection, changes and trends over time
- Create long-term forecasts for specialized programs ensuring adequate inventory levels
- Report on product performance for category
- Ability to manage plans across multiple local assortments, market geographies and business channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other analytically intensive studies, preferred
- SQL knowledge/scripting ability required
- Minimum of two years of relevant e-Commerce experience in merchandise/retail planning
- Proficient Excel skills required, including pivot tables, graphing, nested formulas and extensive lookups
- Self-starter who has the ability to work autonomously
- Able to meet tight deadlines while working on several projects, simultaneously
- Data mining experience and excellent ability to generate actionable and accurate business results through analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills, solid interpersonal skills for internal and external partners
- Ability and eagerness to embrace change within a fast-paced environment
- Jewelry industry knowledge/experience, desired
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus