Blue Nile is seeking a Content Editor to join our User Experience team. You will be a key contributor in delivering smart, relevant, and connected experiences that unify customer needs with business objectives. On a focused but nimble data-informed UX and Product team, you will execute directly while keeping the context of a greater system in mind.
To be a successful Content Editor, it is a given that you are gifted with words, able to write, curate, and edit, but you should also be familiar with content organization and content management systems, as well as the art of brand voice and persuasion marketing. A real passion for site experimentation and an ability to move quickly is also a plus.
Acting as a customer advocate, you will have a strong understanding of our customer needs and brand voice. Working with others on the team, you will promote best practices and craft self-improving, repeatable, and increasingly more relevant and personal customer experiences and systems. We need you to be creative, detail-oriented, positive, motivated, open-minded, respectful of others, and a top-notch communicator.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with an agile product design team made up of product managers, marketers, engineers, and designers to deliver extraordinary product experiences through iterative releases.
- Use content frameworks and standards for the writing, curating, publishing, and governance of original, licensed, and user-generated content for a variety of new features and content optimizations.
- Communicate use cases, states, and detailed content specifications and tagging through content matrices, copy style guides, and working within layout comps or lo-fi prototypes. Assure project content and patterns meet standards of quality; measured in terms of persuasion, consistency, delightfulness, and uniqueness.
- Work with established holistic, system-wide content strategies to implement product solutions that drive great user experiences.
- Describe and present your methods, content explorations, and tradeoff rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, and business stakeholders.
- Partner with freelancers, agencies, and other external vendors to define and deliver content on time, within budget, and at a high quality.
- Estimate work effort, help clarify deliverables, and own the project management of content initiatives.
- Review other products and content design approaches to understand emerging standards and innovation.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, and Education)
- 3+ years of professional experience with digital publishing, content strategy, and marketing
- Experience with design lexicon and working in design and digital publishing at scale
- Experience in localization workflow and the challenges of writing for a global audience
- Demonstrated success developing content solutions for large enterprise web sites or applications
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- A strategic thinker with a good understanding of messaging and reputation management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully, across multiple tasks
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SEO, Social, and other content marketing
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, other measurement tools, and basic HTML is a plus
- An excellent portfolio will be required
What we offer:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Referral Bonus
Fitness Center Discount