Diamond Setter/Bench Jeweller
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is looking for passionate and talented Diamond Setter/Bench Jeweller with experience in jewelry manufacturing.
- Setting round and fancy stones in gold and platinum jewelry
- Sizing gold, silver, and platinum jewelry
- Assembling gold or platinum rings
- Strong work ethic with exceptional commitment to quality
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience as a setter in the areas required: Claw, pavé, burnish and bezel setting and has demonstrated the ability and skillset of a diamond setter
- Competence in the following materials: Platinum 18ct and 14ct gold, round and fancy cut shaped diamonds
- Full proficiency of following tools: burrs, gravers, burnishers and other jewelry related tools
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work to Blue Nile Q.A. standards
- Strong problem solving skills and resolutions
- Ability to adapt to change for the needs of the company; flexibility is important
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced work atmosphere
- Ability to work overtime and weekend overtime as business needs arise
- Must understand company safety: wear safety glasses; utilize Plexiglas shield when setting, grinding or sharpening tools and proper procedure when handling chemicals when boiling out work. Blue Nile adheres to all Covid19 guidelines for the workplace. At this time, face coverings must be worn.
- Basic computer skills
- GIA Certification
- Professional Stone Setting Certificate, Antwerp (or equivalent)
- Crafts Council of Ireland, Jewellery Production Skills (or equivalent)