Blind Squirrel Games is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Lead Engineer. We value talented and passionate individuals who strive to improve, and we hire for the long term with career development in mind. If you have a robust sense of good software architecture and a strong desire to lead developers in a friendly, family-like game studio.
- Manage a team of engineers, providing them with technical mentorship and guidance
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and manage schedule requirements
- Understand the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug-fixing and optimization become more important than new features)
- Define good programming practices and coding standards, and ensure they are enforced within the engineering team through regular peer code reviews
- Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a disciplined lead
- Continually review the game and development processes to identify potential improvements
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.