Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing (Commercial, HR, Facilities and IM Programs)
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Manager, GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING
BioMarin Global Finance Operations and Reporting (GFOR) is growing rapidly with the overall company and developing into a leading-edge global finance organization. BioMarin has over $1 billion of annual revenues and operations in over 40 countries that drive significant accounting, finance and information systems complexity. BioMarin has ambitious growth plans and has an enthusiastic global team that is eager to deliver world-class accounting and finance operations services to our stakeholders.
The Global Source to Pay team resides within the finance organization, and partners with the entire company to design and execute category strategies, valuable supplier contracts and relationships, and procurement processes and systems for products and services provided by third parties.
Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) within Global Source to Pay is the center of excellence for industry best practice category management and sourcing for indirect goods and services not directly related to the drug manufacturing process. The group utilizes rigorous processes, procedures and tools for category planning, execution and maintenance for identified stakeholder groups across BioMarin’s global enterprise.
The Manager will report to the Associate Director, within Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS). The role focuses on the development and implementation global category management plans for indirect categories including (but not limited to) IT, Facilities, HR, and Professional Services.
The role additionally supports the entire contract lifecycle (including negotiations) and will help ensure supplier performance through effective supplier relationship management (SRM) programs.
- Utilize spend analytics, market research and trends, and supplier intelligence to understand category spend – trends, spread across business and across suppliers.
- Define category strategies and sourcing strategies to gain efficiency and drive value and optimal total cost of ownership within the spend/category.
- Develop supplier relationship and expert understanding of the external supply market
- Quickly build business relationships and rapport with key stakeholders
- Provide input for areas of opportunity and make recommendations for operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Define and lead cross-functional stakeholder teams to understand ensure meeting business requirements for the category.
- Prepare and manage entire RFx events (RFI, RFP, RFQ) within Coupa Sourcing Platform
- Understand risk elements of suppliers within the category markets and define/engage risk assessment and mitigation tactics for those risk elements.
- Develop, negotiate, support, and manage global contracts with suppliers in line with stakeholder / business needs and sound contracting structures and terms.
- Quantify and report savings/value of category contracts and spend and related supplier relationships; understand and measure compliance with, and utilization of, global agreements and relationships.
- Support supplier relationship management and governance programs to ensure/increase value and supplier performance and drive innovation within the spend categories.
- Displays organizational values of integrity, respect for people, diversity appreciation, innovation, adherence to ethical standards, challenging the status quo, excellence in performance, teamwork, and commitment to shareholder value creation
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations, perform supply-market research and conduct pricing audits and impact analysis for the pursuit of continuous cost improvements
- Manage and review new supplier requests and purchase orders above 250k
- Leads QBRs with the supplier and the business to obtain optimal strategic outcomes.
- Measure, manage and improve supplier performance against negotiated SLA s
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, or life sciences; MBA desirable, C.P.M. or CIPS, or Consulting Experience a plus
- 2-4 years strategic procurement experience with knowledge of category management, strategic sourcing, and contracting
- Past experience in support of multiple indirect categories including IT, Facilities, HR, or Professional Services
- Development and execution of procurement strategies in biotech / life sciences industry a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including solid interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills, including the ability to analyze spend data, and provide useful insights and recommendations based on analysis
- Detailed oriented and strong analytical skill set required to drive problem-solving and innovative solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated