ID senior designer - permanent contract - London
ID SENIOR DESIGNER ROLE Big Mamma Studio
About Big Mamma Group
Big Mamma is an international, high end restaurant brand currently spanning 4 countries. It is now entering a hyper-growth phase with expansion plans into both existing locations and new continents over the next 3 years.
The group opened 16 trattorias and the biggest food court in Europe over the last 7 years. We want to change life with pizza, and we do this with creating authentic homemade Italian cuisine, accessible to all in beautifully designed spaces and served with a big smile. To deliver this level of experience, Big Mamma Group created an in-house design team- Big Mamma Studio - made up of 16 designers whose job it is to create the coolest spaces in the world!
Big Mamma’s Studio team
We are offering the opportunity to work on iconic and highly creative projects with full involvement from concept through to completion. With new openings scheduled in 7 countries in the next 3 years, this is an exciting time to join and be involved in the growth and success of the company, as well as having scope for personal development and growth.
6+ years of experience in either hospitality or a similar relevant field and be very experienced with running and delivering projects; either hotels or restaurants.
The Senior Interior Designer will lead several projects from concept to implementation, whilst managing a team of mid and junior designers:
- Space planning and production of full technical drawing pack, including a strong knowledge of joinery, furniture and construction detailing.
- Overseeing all Contractor shop drawings.
- Delivering a strong design concept and creative vision through sketches and visualisation, adhering to budget and technical constraints.
- Awareness of current style trends as well as the wider restaurant industry.
- Awareness of budget and value engineering where necessary.
- Developing and maintaining strong communication with Client, Contractors, in-house Construction and Operations team.
- Regular site visits to track project progress, with follow-up and feedback.
- Understanding and adherence to full Construction programme, respecting program milestones.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of finishes and materials.
- Mentoring and managing mid and junior members of the team.
- Coordination of MEP and services.
- Coordination and collaboration with FF&E team.
- Contributing towards recruitment and development of the Studio and practice.
- Full management of dressing and installation phase.
- Full management of handover, full maintenance and care guide, project feedback and snagging. - Ensure the Studio standards are executed within all design documentation.
- An extremely high level of AutoCAD is a must.
- Proficient in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office - Strong freehand sketching abilities.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Good eye for colour and materials.
- Good managerial skills.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines. - Work well individually as well as a team.
- Pragmatic with good problem-solving skills
- Good initiative as well as an ability to follow instructions.
This is a very busy, hands-on role which will suit somebody who is genuinely hard working and creative. You will be working as part of a friendly and collaborative team, where your input and ideas will be expected and welcomed. The company has a unique ethos and style which will require you to be confident and bold in your work, with conviction in your ideas.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Soho, London + travelling in our restaurants required
If you’re interested and motivated, please attach your CV and portfolio to the link below!
To the moon!
BIG MAMMA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.