FF&E Designer & Buyer - permanent contract - Paris
About Big Mamma Group
Big Mamma is an international, high end restaurant brand currently spanning 4 countries. It is now entering a hyper-growth phase with expansion plans into both existing locations and new continents over the next 3 years.
The group opened 16 trattorias and the biggest food court in Europe over the last 7 years. We want to change life with pizza, and we do this with creating authentic homemade Italian cuisine, accessible to all in beautifully designed spaces and served with a big smile.
To deliver this level of experience, Big Mamma Group created an in-house design team- Big Mamma Studio - made up of 16 designers whose job it is to create the coolest spaces in the world!
Big Mamma’s Studio team
We are offering the opportunity to work on iconic and highly creative projects with full involvement from concept through to completion. With new openings scheduled in 7 countries in the next 3 years, this is an exciting time to join and be involved in the growth and success of the company, as well as having scope for personal development and growth.
5+ years of experience in either hospitality, residential design or a similar relevant field.
Big Mamma Studio are looking for strong FF&E Designers / Buyers to work across all live and future projects throughout the EU and beyond.
The FF&E Designer / Buyer will collaborate with the Lead Senior ID designers and FFE Associate to conduct the following:
- Collaborate in the presentation of a strong, unique design concept through moodboards and kick-ass FF&E suggestions.
- Source, suggest and research the BEST suppliers & content for the job. Have a thirst to meet new people, find the gems.
- Have a knowledge and passion for design, art and materials across different eras, regions and fashions.
- Get stuck into the detail.
- Create highly detailed, accurate FF&E Schedules showcasing FF&E (furniture, curtains, lighting, artwork and accessories)
- Manage the coordination of all FF&E procurement, adhering to budget, timelines & technicalities.
- Manage the coordination of all FF&E deliveries and install. A knowledge of shipping logistics a bonus.
- Attend oversea site visits and meet suppliers.
- Manage global project installations, dressing and styling.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Freehand sketching or knowledge of Sketchup (desirable).
- A basic level of AutoCAD (desirable)
- Exceptional eye for colour, texture, finish and fittings that complete an Instagram worthy-interior space.
- Highly organised and detailed.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Work well individually as well as a team.
- Pragmatic with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Good initiative as well as an ability to follow instructions.
This is a very busy, hands-on role which will suit somebody who is genuinely hard working and creative. You will be working as part of a friendly and collaborative team, where your input and ideas will be expected and welcomed. The company has a unique ethos and style which will require you to be confident and bold in your work, with conviction in your ideas.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Paris + travelling in our restaurants required
If you’re interested and motivated, please click on the link below.
Salaries are €35-50K (depending on experience).
TO THE MOON !!
BIG MAMMA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.