Business Development Representative
Big Bang is a consulting firm that helps organizations optimize and streamline processes through planning digital strategy, deploying business solutions, and creating organizational alignment. Our purpose is to create tangible value for our customers by streamlining business systems, connecting information between systems, aligning strategy with technology, and providing support to develop organizational expertise. Our vision is for all people, in every organization, to have direct access to the information that enables them to do their best work anywhere and every day. With headquarters in Montreal, Canada, and offices in France, Mauritius, Toronto and the United States, we aim to serve enterprises of all sizes and industries worldwide.
Big Bang is seeking a Business Development Representative to be part of our fast-growing team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing the Business Development Representative will actively participate in handling Marketing Qualified Leads and responding to inquiries made by potential new customers notably calling and leveraging any means necessary to respond in a timely manner. The candidate must have a strong grasp of working with varied division makers and a skilled conversationalist that can uncover customer needs by asking the right questions.
Working with leaders in both the sales and marketing teams, the candidate must display a capacity to oversee the elaboration of innovative and coherent strategies aimed at managing the customer experience of prospects in addition to leveraging marketing initiatives for cross and upsell of current customers and partners. The ultimate goal of your conversations is to ensure that our services will add significant value to the prospect and to set up more extended discovery calls and demos and/or invite them to participate in events hosted and attended by Big Bang.
Connecting and Qualifying Leads (75%)
- Promote Big Bang’s solutions and services by making phone calls and setting meetings with potential leads and clients to set up next-step qualification calls and demos.
- Work with leads to determine their primary pain points, future goals and prioritize those challenges to identify sales opportunities and start the sales cycle with a strategic value added touch (with time the BDR is expected to master our service and product offer).
- Moving swiftly past gatekeepers and quickly engaging decision-makers and C-suite executives to agree to a next step discovery call or product demonstration
- Clearly present the key benefits of our products and services (notably our approach) to decision-makers at prospective client companies
- Identify business opportunities through initiative and creativity, as well as working closely with both Content Coordinator(s) and Digital Lead Gen Specialist(s) within the Marketing team.
- Maintain an active pipeline of forecasted sales to meet monthly quota objectives
- Advance and maintain relationships with C-suite executives
- Attend relevant conferences and networking events
- Meticulously managing and updating lead information in our CRM pipeline and leveraging CRM functionality to maximize lead touchpoints before, during and after
- Leverage social networking, database tools and website chatbot to engage with prospects (business intelligence)
- Carefully hand common objections to direct prospective clients and pass for an in-depth discussion with an Customer Solution Executive
Engaging Current Customers (15%)
- Target, invite and follow up with leads and customers to participate in NEW Big Bang programs, upsell services and invite them to participate in Big Bang sponsored events such as webinars or cocktails.
- Clearly understand the marketing calendar and how to leverage it for lead and customer engagement.
- Customized and mass follow up after events with attendees and registrants.
Operations, Training and Internal (10%)
- Work with the Business Development team, notably Customer Solution Executive(s), to allow for a smooth transition of qualified leads.
- Gain understanding of the vast product portfolio (such as NetSuite, Salesforce, Rootstock and ServiceNow) of business solutions and the services offered by Big Bang and how they can best address business issues
- Maintain and organize all content/documentation in internal knowledge base, and other internal customer support tools and documentation
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of customer success playbooks and deliverables
- Leverage successes in training and knowledge transfer to other team members
Qualifications and Requirements
- Hunter-type personality
- Act as enablers who demonstrates the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strategic sales training, Solution Selling and/or process-oriented sales approach methodology
- One to five years of sales development experience
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to facilitate dialogue and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Communication and listening skills, empathy, prospecting and questioning ability using IT tools and platforms
- High focus, fast learning, and adaptability skills for a fast-paced environment
- Trilingual - English, French and Spanish
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- At least 1-year experience with various technologies, including CRM, ERP and predictive dialers
- You have experience qualifying calls/opportunities to the next stage
- Previous experience with remote work
- Experience managing marketing leads
- Experienced in software or technology sector sales
Attitudes and Skills
- Loves to pick up the phone
- Dislikes using paper - everything is tracked in a digital platform
- You are a curious go-getter who doesn't shy away from a challenge
- A consultative, strategic thinker with great energy and enthusiasm for prospecting new business
- Tenacious and extremely results driven
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Team player
Number of position(s): 4Travelling: not required, but possible