POSITION TITLE: Email Developer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Email & Retention Marketing
LOCATION: Park City
The Email Developer will be the resident expert primarily focused on building, coding and developing Lifecycle/Triggered email campaigns within our Email Service Provider’s (ESP) platform. As customer retention is a strong corporate focus, this role will play a critical role in helping Backcountry achieve our growth targets. The core responsibilities will include the creation and optimization of our customer-facing automated campaigns utilizing PHP, learning new ESP capabilities, executing sophisticated tests and troubleshooting issues. The successful candidate will be a great thought partner in recommending enhancements to Lifecycle campaigns, complex workflow configuration, and how to leverage the ESP to implement new tools and tactics to achieve business goals. This is a highly collaborative, technical position and you’ll work with multiple departments across the organization including analytics, engineering and data science.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build complex workflows across multiple systems
- Automate email lifecycle campaigns, triggered by customer actions on and off site
- Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs related to marketing automation
- Proactively define and communicate potential opportunities and risks with stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with the data science team on incorporating various customer models
- Leverage ESP to implement new features and tactics, training the email team on how to best integrate these tools and tactics into their email strategies
- Work closely with multiple departments on challenging ESP integrations
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 2+ years experience in marketing automation software support experience
- 2+ years experience in email coding and development
- Expertise in email-specific languages such as Smarty (PHP)
- Advanced experience with email service providers
- Must possess an acute attention to detail
- Good understanding of prioritizing workload using Agile Development Principles
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects successfully under tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate across multiple departments in multiple disciplines
- Utilize strong communication skills to inform email team of status of issues or projects and to resolve conflict where confusion may arise
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.