Engineering Manager - Customer UI/TFO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead engineers; develops engineering action plans to guide timely development of projects.
- Work closely with Engineering Director and non-colocated engineers to develop fully-integrated solution
- Exercises best judgment and discretion in the overall Project by prioritizing, planning, and tracking development progress, coordinating with non-colocated team.
- Provide training and ensure their Technical Competency with respect to the Project needs.
- Implement and follow agile/scrum processes.
- Assist in design of new features and functionalities and ensure coding meets designs.
- Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices.
- Work with Product Owner, UX Designers, QA, and other stakeholders to understand requirements and come up with the best technology solution.
- Spearhead various Research and Development initiatives to identify opportunities for improvements in process and engineering approach.
- Achieve hiring and retention targets of the team
- Review program OKRs for success and align with the team goals
- Maintain high productivity, morale, and growth culture in the team
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience building scalable web apps and services.
- 2 years leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience consuming REST Web services
- Working experience on Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Ability to write great documentation
- Passion to see your product be the best in the business
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.