We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and highly motivated Office Manager to join our team. As the Office Manager in our Seattle, WA office, you will have the overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation and execution of policies, procedures and programs that will assure an engaged and supported staff population. In this role, you will report to the regional Manager, Workplace Services and be part of the overall Workplace Experience Team.
Avalara is a fast paced, dynamic environment where we welcome and value unique perspectives and insights, believing our winning culture sets us apart. You must be energetic, possess a positive can-do attitude, love working with people, and not be afraid to jump in and roll-up your sleeves to get things done. We live by our Success Traits: Ownership, Simplicity, Passion, Urgency, Adaptability, Curiosity and Fun.
- Ensuring the office environment and resources are conducive to employee productivity and wellbeing and reflect Avalara culture
- Responsible for developing, promoting and implementing standards that enhance efficiencies
- Purchase office supplies and equipment maintaining inventory and distribution throughout the office
- Work with and assist micro-market vendor to ensure fresh and quality offerings while maintaining top-notch service
- Manage the planning and execution of in-office catering
- Support the Events Team with event set-up, takedown and execution
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail working with vendors and internal leaders to provide the most efficient and effective process
- Oversee local employee engagement programs (anniversary, newborn, raffles, etc)
- Manage purchase order process and submit timely and accurate expense reports
- Liaise with local hotels to establish and maintain corporate rates
- Coordinate with the Internal Communications Team regarding office specific communications while also maintaining clear information on our intranet
- Support onboarding activities such as new hire desk set-ups and site tours along with facilitating desk clean-up and gathering of company property for terminations
- Provide back-up support to local team, including Facilities Manager and Workplace Services Coordinator (breaking for lunch)
- Liaise with remote office(s) to provide assistance
- 2+ years office management experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to build trust, relationship build and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to take direction and wear many hats in a team environment with a warm, engaging and professional demeanor
- Strong sense of ownership to successfully operate in a very fast-paced, high-tech environment always thinking one-step ahead
- Expeditious, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customer needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb sense of urgency and efficiency in completing and prioritizing work
- Ability to problem solve offering creative solutions
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intermediate level with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.