ASSIA is looking for a Telecommunications Engineer for a System Engineer position to work on ASSIA products to improve access networks of Global ISPs, such as Telefonica, DT, LLA.
If you have a strong background in communication theory and signal processing, enthusiasm for lab and field analysis and you are passionate about algorithms improvements you are the right candidate.
The Systems Engineering role’s main responsibility is to have functional knowledge of ASSIA’s products and related technologies to deliver customized best in class solutions through data analysis and algorithms improvements, and to provide expert technical assistance to customers.
You will be working in a dynamic and continuous learning environment, with highly cooperative colleagues. Shortly you will feel part of a highly skilled technical community.
- Education: Master of science in Telecommunication or related fields. PhD degree will be a plus.
- Relevant experience working on physical layer of OFDM communication systems
- Knowledge of xDSL, GPON highly desirable
- Experience in collection, tests definition, analysis, reporting of data, etc. in laboratory/production environments
- Experience in algorithm analysis using MATLAB or other programming languages
- Familiarity with Linux (as user) as well as programming in scripting languages like Python
- Experience with database languages such as SQL and Mongo DB are desirable
- Experience in Java software development desirable
- Analytical Capabilities
- Critical thinking
- Data visualization
- Problem solving
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Active listening
- Customer and results orientation