Ashoka is the largest network of leading social entrepreneurs with systems changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, Ashoka has elected and supported over 3,800 social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows) in 90 countries. Through their work, these social entrepreneurs also enable millions of changemakers and contribute to Ashoka’s vision: building an everyone a changemaker world.
Ashoka engages these Ashoka Fellows' insights and resources to create networks of changemaking institutions that form a powerful change ecosystem. Network members support each other, collaborate, and collectively achieve much more than the sum of their parts.
Ashoka is looking for an entrepreneurial individual to manage its Fellowship Program in South Asia. The Fellowship Program is responsible for the engagement of Ashoka Fellows toward greater individual and collective impact. The person will be responsible for:
- Mobilize networks, build partnerships and collaborations in order to accelerate the impact of Ashoka Fellows;
- Implement strategies and systems to leverage learning and insights from Ashoka Fellows, partners and allies to advance the field of social entrepreneurship;
- Identify opportunities to enable Ashoka Fellows and changemakers to work together and change ecosystems in different issue areas;
- Collaborate with other program leaders in South Asia and globally to build/enhance a successful Fellowship Program in South Asia.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have at least 8 years of work experience including some in the social impact space, whether in a profit or non-profit setting;
- Have played the lead entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial role in creating or co-creating initiatives that have achieved impact;
- Demonstrate an ability to build and collaborate with other teams and networks;
- Inspire trust and demonstrate strong ethical fiber;
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills to lead a dynamic team and network;
- Be an Indian national.
This is a full-time position is based in Bangalore.