Ashoka Europe: Co-Lead Impact Transfer
Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker-a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families, communities, work, and school. Ashoka is the leading global community of social entrepreneurs and changemakers.
ASHOKA: CO-LEAD IMPACT TRANSFER (32 hours per week, part-time)
Supporting Ashoka Fellows to scale their impact and enabling them to achieve system change is a core value proposition of Ashoka. According to our 2018 Ashoka Fellow survey, more than 90% of Ashoka Fellows report that their new idea has been replicated by independent organizations (often in other countries). However, this often happens quite randomly or opportunistically and many Fellows express the need for more systematic support.
Our Impact Transfer teams supports Ashoka Fellows to find a more strategic approach to bringing their impact to other regions or countries in collaboration with partners willing to adapt and adopt their models. In parallel, we build the capacity and strengthen the support ecosystem for scaling impact in collaboration with many stakeholders all over the world (corporates, foundations, ASN, other fellows, institutional actors, global NGO´s, probono partners).
Finally, we do some research and policy recommendations on this topic in collaboration with other ecosystem actors in Europe.
Our goal is to accelerate the replication and transfer of proven social innovations and models.
Our core team is based in Vienna Austria, but the work is delivered with colleagues all over the world and external experts. We are looking for an addition to our team to take on the role as Impact Transfer Co-Lead who will be they go-to person for the following topics including, but not limited to:
- Program design & management: Supporting the design of and managing scaling support programs
- Supporting Ashoka Fellows to scale their impact: delivering trainings and workshops, providing strategic mentoring, mobilizing additional support resources, connections and matchmaking
- Partnership development and management: Supporting the identification of new partners, designing proposals for new partnerships, managing relationships with program partners
- Knowledge products: Improving & extending our toolkit (guidelines, templates, formats, exercises), Creating knowledge products (case studies, reports)
- Ecosystem development: Supporting our ecosystem development work with various stakeholders in Europe and beyond.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN ENTREPRENEURIAL INDIVIDUAL WHO
- Has a track record related to scaling social impact, either as leader of an organization which scaled, either as advisor/supporter to scaling social entrepreneurs.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and growing partnerships with funders and ecosystem partners
- Has Experience in designing and managing support programs for social entrepreneurs (in particular on scaling-related topics)
- Has an established track record in impactful knowledge creation, capture and syndication.
- Is entrepreneurially minded and ready to make change on an international scale.
- Has a strong interest in Replication & Transfer as as pathway to achieve systems change
- Is able to work autonomously and remotely within an international team and fast-changing field.
- Has excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, any additional language is a plus
- Has a minimum 8 years of relevant working experience
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Location: Austria (based in the Ashoka Office in Vienna)
- 32 hours per week, part-time
- Energizing working environment with partners and social entrepreneurs from all over the world, helping them to scale their impact
- Being part of a leading international organization in the field of social entrepreneurship
- Possibilities for personal development through innovative trainings within the Ashoka Network
- Start Date: 1st of September 2021 – or earlier
Application deadline: 06 June 2021 23:59 GMT (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may begin before the application deadline.)
If this sounds like your next challenge, and you want to work with an international network of social impact leaders, then we would love to hear from you! To apply, please submit via the Jobvite platform, your CV alongside a one page cover letter that briefly describes your background and an explanation of your interest in the role. Please note that only applications submitted through Jobvite will be considered.
We are currently seeking to widen the diversity of our team to push for greater equity in the social entrepreneurship and citizen sectors.
MORE ABOUT ASHOKA
Ashoka: Innovators for the Public first coined the term ‘social entrepreneur’ 40 years ago. It refers to individuals with innovative solutions to society’s most pressing challenges whose ambition, persistence, and ability to activate others is bringing about systems-level change – for the good of all. We have pioneered the field of social entrepreneurship globally. On the one hand, we’ve searched for and launched more than 3,600 extraordinary men and women with systems changing ideas to solve persistent, shared problems such as environmental degradation, economic inequality, and social exclusion. These Ashoka Fellows include Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia; Shaheen Mistri, whose Teach for India combats illiteracy amongst the urban poor; and Kailash Sathyarthi, one of the leaders of the global movement against child labour.
And on the other hand, we helped the world see why social entrepreneurship is a powerful way to drive change. Seeing differently helped people do differently. Investors invested in them, journalists wrote about them, universities created programs and taught courses about them, and incubators / accelerators supported them. In some countries, even governments created policies to support social entrepreneurs.
We continue to grow a global movement of social entrepreneurship, and we recognize this is not enough. Thanks to technology, the rate of change is accelerating and our problems are growing faster than our solutions. In such an environment it is not enough for a few to lead and others to follow. Everyone must be a changemaker. Above all others, four changemaking skills – empathy, teamwork, creative problem-solving, and leadership – are essential to equip each of us to respond to changes around us.