Part-time bookkeeper - work from home, flexible hours
ArborBridge is seeking an experienced bookkeeper or accountant to manage the day-to-day essentials of our financial system, including transactional bookkeeping, billing and A/R, payroll, A/P, etc. This is a part-time, work from home position with flexible hours. The role requires access to a computer and high-speed internet. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US and will be required to pass a background check for our firm and clients’ security. The position is paid hourly and is classified as non-exempt.
Per hour compensation depends on knowledge, efficiency, and experience. Hours per week are expected to vary between 8-20 due to time of year and billing/payroll cycles. Ideally the candidate will work on at least 3 different weekdays per week. Busiest times are expected to be at the end of the month/year/quarter when account reconciliations and periodic adjustments are made.
We are looking for someone interested in staying in this position long-term.
- Classifying bank and credit card transactions
- Periodic account reconciliations
- Running payroll for various groups of salaried and hourly employees
- Managing federal and state payroll tax accounts and corresponding filings/updates
- Exporting and manipulating raw data to upload into financial system
- Billing clients and managing A/R
- A/P management, issuing payments
- Creating journal entries
- Producing miscellaneous financial reports for our internal team, clients, and vendors
- Responding to mail/correspondence related to accounting, tax, and compliance
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in bookkeeping and payroll processing.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- High proficiency in Quickbooks Online
- High proficiency in Excel
- High proficiency in online payroll processing systems (and willingness to learn Namely and Zenefits if not familiar)
- Moderate proficiency in SQL
- Experience with corporate compliance/registration is ideal
- Tech savvy
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick and accurate worker