3 Month Intern - Insights Team
APCO Worldwide’s London and Brussels offices are looking for a forward- thinking and enthusiastic Intern to join the Insight team from July 2022.
Our team, based in central London, Brussels, Paris, and elsewhere, are at the heart of APCO Worldwide’s global network and a major hub for our work across Europe and beyond.
Insight is a team of research professionals who work in collaboration with our communications colleagues worldwide. We use diverse research methodologies to understand the views of stakeholders ranging from the general public to senior politicians on a wide range of topics. This understanding is used to develop communications strategies and messaging, which APCO’s public affairs and corporate communications colleagues then deploy on behalf of our clients. These clients include major multinationals, governments and NGOs.
The internship would suit a graduate or post-graduate with a strong interest in developing their technical research skills and expanding their understanding of data-driven research and strategic communications. The internship is offered for a period of three months and there is potential for this to evolve into a permanent position thereafter. The working pattern would be full-time, five days a week – with the ability to mix home and office-based work as local regulations allow. An interest in corporate and/or political affairs is desirable, as work will be predominantly of this nature, rather than market research.
Although based in one of Brussels or London, the successful candidate would be working with our tight-knight Insight Europe team, meaning giving the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects with a regional scope.
Now that we’ve got your attention…what does it take to become a part of APCO’s Insight Internship Program?
- Conducting open-source (online media and social media) research
- Analysing survey data
- Analysing qualitative output (e.g. interviews, focus groups)
- Drafting reports and other written recommendations;
- Testing survey programming;
- Participating in the development of client proposals and deliverables;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree
- The ideal candidate will be attentive to detail, enthusiastic, and interested in the research process;
- Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as experience handling large amounts of data;
- Experience with basic open-source research methods and online media analysis;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and basic data visualisation;
- Working knowledge of Excel formulas and data processing;
- Previous experience in research, familiarity with crosstabs are a plus;
- Knowledge of German, Italian or French is a plus;
- Interest and experience in data analysis with Python, R is a plus
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
We were named International Consultancy of the Year, 2018 at the PRCA Awards; awarded EMEA Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year, 2018 and Best EMEA Network To Work For, 2019 by The Holmes Report; and listed in the 2019 Top 20 UK Healthcare Agencies by PRWeek.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.