Data Warehouse Architect (Remote Opportunity)
We’re actively seeking a Data Warehouse Architect to join the Enterprise Technology department in the Operations division!
The AMA is transforming itself into a technology first organization. We don’t think of ourselves as a professional association that uses technology. We aspire to think of ourselves as a technology company that serves a community of marketers. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that is key to a transformative time in the AMA’s 80-year history and Lead the charge on our Data initiatives where technology is concerned and help to form our approach in critical areas of governance, standardization and data related policies.
We have major projects on the docket for you to sink your teeth into: assist in revamping our ecommerce system, building out our first-ever data warehouse, and collaboratively helping define data architecture going forward. You’ll be working collaboratively with other developers at the AMA to develop cutting edge solutions building on AWS, Workato, Salesforce and much more. As a Data Architect, you will be hands-on in shaping a platform that will support the growth of the AMA for years to come.
Remote Candidates Will Be Considered.
Data Warehouse Architect’s Core Job Responsibilities
- Lead architecture and design work of current AMA data lake (AWS) leading to the eventual conversion into a data warehouse environment, including what data is being pulled, data mapping and ETL setup, as well as integration creation and support.
- Assist with assessing and evolving toolset used for data collection and analysis (S3, Redshift, Data visualization, engagement and potentially AI and/or ML)
- BI tool recommendation, selection, setup and ongoing administration, maintenance and evolution.
- Working with Dir. Enterprise Technology, to create data governance, maintenance standards and policies
- Data conversion, loading and transformation as needed
- Mentoring tech team members where necessary
- Working with Data Analyst to help continue evangelizing use of data throughout our business
- Continue the already started effort of helping to make the AMA a learning organization by bringing novel thinking and teaching staffers how to fish, when it comes to all things data.
What You Have
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with database design and architecture in production deployments working in an agile methodology environment
- Preferably 4+ years working in IaaS, SaaS, PaaS based technologies.
- 4+ years’ experience implementing, evolving and maintaining the AWS platform: EC2, S3, Redshift, Glue
- Experience with Workato or other data movement services
- Experience implementing and building out BI tools (Tableau, AWS - QuickSight, PowerBI, Zoho, ProWorkflow, Hive, etc.)
- Experience working in a formal Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process
- Experience in CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Deployment) Tools (Git, CircleCI, or GearSet a plus) and building data pipelines and integrations
- A good team player, ability to learn quickly, excellent written and spoken communication.
- Ability to work with general supervision on tasks and priorities, keeping the project management system updated
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to document issues and guide solutions
- Proven ability with optimization of business processes and technical design documentation
What You May Also Have
- AWS Certifications (AWS Solution Architect)
- Experience building integrations using R or Python
- Salesforce experience
- WordPress experience
- Consulting or implementation provider project experience for large-scale CRM, CMS, DW deployments
What You’ll Get
- You’ll get daily hands-on experience working in a fast-paced environment, on numerous projects in the Salesforce, AWS, WordPress platform ecosystems, comprised of numerous integrations, applications and plug-ins
- A true ability to have an impact in delivering technology change in an ideal digital transformation period for the organization
- Free American Marketing Association membership
- Ability to attend professional development programs offered through the AMA
- Work-life balance with summer hours, generous paid holiday schedule, paid volunteer time off and flexible work arrangements.
- Cool work environment with casual dress, social and employee appreciation events
- Gym membership to the Pru Powerhouse if on site in Chicago.
- Comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package.
The Enterprise Technology Team and the AMA
The Enterprise Technology team is a focused, dedicated, strategic group, who does whatever it takes to get the job done, keep the company’s technology up and running, while having fun along the way. Key departmental goals are continuing to build out and advance the AMA’s technology stack, both front office and back office. With a vision of advancing the mission, supporting our community and utilizing cutting edge technology and best practices to accomplish these themes. The Enterprise Technology’s departmental goals are both enablers and drivers of most of the organization's strategic initiatives, by unlocking and creating technology avenues and potential for business growth, strategic initiative activation, National/Local org alignment and creating operational efficiencies, via workflows, automation and data analytics.
At the American Marketing Association (AMA), we’re striving to be the most relevant voice shaping marketing around the world. Our passion and dedication to uncovering the next best practices in marketing, paired with our core values of being curious, courageous, grateful, joyful, customer-centric and stakeholder-sensitive, are the backbone of our motivated and energetic team. Together, we serve a community of more than 250,000 people who work, teach and study in the field of marketing.
For more information, please visit our website, AMA.org and sign up for My AMA Daily, the only AI-powered personalized daily marketing newsletter.