Senior Program Manager
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Senior Program Manager creates, manages and drives detailed planning and execution of a set of enterprise programs and/or projects, on time and within budget and scope. This position will be located in our San Jose, CA office.
In this role, you will…
- Oversee a program portfolio which may comprise of multiple enterprise project initiatives
- Accountable for creating a detailed delivery plan that can be executed by a program/project teams
- Ensure program/project teams understands the objectives of the project
- Gain commitments from the program/project team to be accountable for delivering on time
- Drive and communicates program/project status, schedule baselines, schedule issues, project risks and major decisions.
- Maintain intense focus on delivering to all committed milestones and holds the project team accountable by holding weekly project status reviews
- Aggressively manage risk across the project throughout the project development life cycle to ensure on time delivery
- Communicate frequently with program/project teams, peers, management and upper management to ensure sharp focus on executing to the delivery plan and timeline
- Keep the program/project teams organized and on track for effective implementation and delivery and implements process improvements where there’s inefficiency in the execution process
- Build capability within the program/project teams to accomplish the project goals and deliver the program/project results on time
- Follow up and maintain accountability of program/project success criteria post deployment
- Must be flexible and creative in thinking to execute to a timeline when plans do not go as expected
- Must follow up relentlessly to ensure cross functional project teams are delivering against their commitments
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned
The Senior Program Manager is expected to lead and manage a cross-functional team within a matrixed management structure and will not likely have formal direct reports. Locations of indirect reports may be spread across multiple geographical locations.
In this role, you’ll need …
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years of project management experience preferably for new enterprise projects and/or product development
- Experience delivering software projects
- Experience project managing medical device and hardware projects preferred
- PMP certified preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Should be able to effectively use Microsoft Project or equivalent tools to create and manage detailed program/project schedules
- Expert understanding of new product development and/or enterprise program management processes including but not limited to waterfall, agile methodologies, etc.
- Expert ability to create structures and processes necessary to deliver enterprise programs/projects and/or new products to successful implementation
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities